3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Immerse yourself in the history of African-American culture in the United States during this half-day history excursion in the Nation’s Capital. Follow the path of the first African-Americans at Jamestown through the Civil Rights movement, checking out key sites like the Frederick Douglass National Historic Site, the vibrant U Street corridor, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, the MLK Memorial, plus much more.
- Learn about African-American history and culture in Washington DC
- See top sights like the MLK Memorial and the White House
- Reserved entry to the National Museum of African American History & Culture
- A small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Reserved Entry into the National Museum of African American History and Culture
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
1400 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- The seats are assigned on the first come, first served basis
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time to ensure a timely check in
- To encourage social distancing and to allow for additional space - all buses are running at 85% of the max allowable capacity
- No food allowed on buses (snacks are fine!)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please Note: Purchase of this tour includes free timed-entry passes to the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. However, this is not an official Smithsonian tour. Additionally, entry to the property is provided complimentary only after completing the sightseeing history tour. Customers booking this tour are paying for this company’s services and perspective, which is independent of and may not represent the views of the Smithsonian.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY USA Guided Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry in Washington DC?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry in Washington DC?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry in Washington DC?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry in Washington DC?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
African-American History Tour with Reserved Museum Entry in Washington DC
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingWashington DCBus Tours - WilliamsburgCity Tours - WilliamsburgWalking Tours - WilliamsburgHistorical Tours - WilliamsburgHalf-day Tours - WilliamsburgBus Tours - PhiladelphiaCity Tours - PhiladelphiaWalking Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaHalf-day Tours - PhiladelphiaBus Tours - PittsburghCity Tours - PittsburghWalking Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghHalf-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
National Museum of African American History and Culture Tours & TicketsMonticello Tours & TicketsTudor Place Tours & TicketsFBI Headquarters Tours & TicketsWoodrow Wilson House Tours & TicketsGeorge Washington Masonic National Memorial Tours & TicketsGeorgetown University Tours & TicketsDeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum Tours & TicketsGettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center Tours & TicketsWatergate Complex Tours & TicketsOld Stone House Tours & TicketsUlysses S. Grant Memorial Tours & TicketsNational 9/11 Pentagon Memorial Tours & TicketsInternational Spy Museum Tours & TicketsThomas Jefferson Memorial Tours & TicketsOld Town Alexandria Tours & TicketsJamestown Settlement Tours & TicketsNational Portrait Gallery Tours & TicketsU Street Corridor Tours & TicketsHeurich House Museum Tours & Tickets