- 8-hour tour to the La Parguera bioluminescent bay from San Juan
- Swim in a secluded bay lit up by microscopic organisms
- Learn about dinoflagellates, the tiny, harmless creatures that cause this natural phenomenon
- Pickup and drop-off from most San Juan hotels included
- Appetizers from a local restaurant are available for purchase
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in designated areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar,Ocean Park and Calle Loiza.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
What To Expect
Arrive in La Parguera and listen to a short introduction to the natural phenomenon by your local guide. After the sun sets, board a boat for the 25-minute ride through the mangrove swamps to the bioluminescent bay. Once you reach the bay, you will have the opportunity to swim. Your swimming disturbs the glowing dinoflagellates, microscopic creatures that give off a glowing light, creating an otherworldly effect. Spend 30 to 45 minutes marveling at this strange, lovely light show before heading back to the tour center.
Board your transportation back to San Juan for hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Minimum numbers apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. If this occurs you can choose between an alternative tour date or full refund.
- It is an approximately 2:20 hour drive from San Juan to La Parguera each way, depending on the time of day and traffic.
- Complimentary car seats or booster seats available upon request (subject to availability).
- If planning to swim: follow preservation instructions, wear bathing suit, bring a towel and a change of clothes. Rash guard is also recommended as we may encounter jellyfish.
- Total activity duration of 8 hours include driving time and stop for appetizers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Children must weight 50 lbs or more in order to participate on tour, and must be notified with anticipation in order to assign a car seat.
- Minimum amount of participants is required in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after receiving instant confirmation if the minimum is not met. IN the event of this happening you will be offered an alternate date or full refund.
- You are more than welcome to bring your own snorkeling equipment.
- Most travelers can participate
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions or causing disruptions the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by La Parguera Glowing Bioluminescent Bay Boat Tour from San Juan.