Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Day trip to Las Cabachuelas de Morovis from San Juan
- Visit four limestone caves protected as part of a nature reserve, generally not open for public viewing
- See petroglyphs engraved by Taino Indians
- Learn about the caves’ formation, their rich biodiversity and history from a knowledgeable guide
- Dig into a Puerto Rican lunch at a local restaurant
- Gear, bottled water, lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a memorable experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointSan Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
Departs from most San Juan hotels
Departs from most San Juan hotels Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start the day with pickup around 8am in San Juan, heading out into the strange limestone karst peaks, also known as “haystacks” (mogotes) that dot the island's northern coast. As you arrive at the tour’s starting point, listen to a safety briefing from your guide as you don your equipment, including headlamp, backpack, kneepads, gloves and a helmet, before setting off.
From there, the tour proceeds to four caves, each of which is located on restricted land in a subtropical forest nature reserve. Start at Angel Cave, where you’ll learn how this underground network was formed over millions of years, and view ancient petroglyphs created by the Taíno tribes that once sought shelter inside these rocks.
Continue your journey as you scout for the cave network’s abundant wildlife. On the forest walks between each cave you’ll see many varieties of plants and insects, while the dark interior of the Lizard and Buruquenas caves is home to creatures including spiders, toads, crickets, bats, snakes and several types of crustaceans.
Hike up to 3 Floor Cave, where you’ll admire gorgeous views of the surrounding valley and forest. Then return to your transportation and head to a local restaurant for a hearty lunch of local fare including chicken, rice, beans, yucca and sweet plantains.
With your hunger and urge for exploration now well-satisfied, head back to your hotel in San Juan for drop-off.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour has a multi-lingual guide (Spanish and English)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- It is recommended that you bring a change of clothes, a towel, snacks and comfortable sneakers or hiking boots
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with elbow or Knee operations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Borikua Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Be a Cave Explorer.