- Combined excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito with one-hour Golden Gate Bay Cruise
- Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
- Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
- Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
- One-hour narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise
- Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and by Alcatraz Island
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating
- Free wireless on board tour vehicle
Departure & Return
Gray Line Union Square Departure location Downtown. Meet us at 478 Post St. Encore Cafe is next door. The bus will board from directly across the street. Arrive by 7:25 AM to check-in Bus Departs at 7:40 AM
Gray Line Fisherman’s Departure Location Meet us at 2805 Leavenworth St. Bay City Bike Rentals & Tours is across the street (blue canopy). The Bus will board just in front. Arrive by 7:45 AM to check-in Bus Departs at 8:00 AM
The Bay Cruise concludes at Pier 39. Guests will have time to enjoy Fisherman's Wharf after the Bay Cruise tour.
What To Expect
Your morning starts with a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, where you’ll stop to take in views from Vista Point on your way to Muir Woods. Enjoy ample time to walk along paths through the forest of old-growth coastal redwoods, known for being some of the oldest and tallest trees in the world.
Then head to Sausalito, a picturesque small town nestled between the Marin Headlands and San Francisco Bay on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. Take a walk on the waterfront, grab a snack (own expense) or check out the art galleries and shops. Once back in San Francisco, board your Bay Cruise departing from Pier 39.
Your narrated cruise takes you underneath the bridge (weather permitting) and past Alcatraz Island. Enjoy views of the city skyline and the local sea lions, and then end your tour with a drop-off at Pier 39.
Please note: the order of activities can change, depending on the Muir Woods departure time, which won’t be confirmed until about a week before each tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is foldable.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line San Francisco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews