8 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Royal Trade Road is a historic salt trade route that runs from the Mediterranean Coast into the French Alps. This tour takes you far from the crowds of the French Riviera, with a scenic train ride into the mountains, visits to the medieval villages of Tende and Saorge, and a choice of hiking, mountain biking, or river rafting in the Valley des Merveilles.
- Spectacular views of the French Alps and Valley des Merveilles
- Round-trip transport by train from Nice
- Choice of outdoor activities: mountain biking, canyoning, and horseback riding
- Small-group tour: customize your itinerary
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Landing and facility fees
Departure & Return
06000 Nice, France
The guide will be waiting in front of the train station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nice Creative Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Train Experience Through The Alps : The Baroque Royal Route & Salt Road Full Day?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Train Experience Through The Alps : The Baroque Royal Route & Salt Road Full Day?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Train Experience Through The Alps : The Baroque Royal Route & Salt Road Full Day?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Train Experience Through The Alps : The Baroque Royal Route & Salt Road Full Day
8 to 12 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingNiceRail Tours - French RivieraFull-day Tours - French RivieraRail Tours - Monte-CarloFull-day Tours - Monte-CarloRail Tours - CannesFull-day Tours - CannesCategory
National Sport Museum (Musée National du Sport)Castellane Hard Rock Cafe NiceNice Museum of Asian Arts (Musée des Arts Asiatiques)Hotel NegrescoNice Corniche Roads (Les Trois Corniches)Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)Villa KerylosMt. Boron (Mont Boron)Place GaribaldiQuai LunelChateau Saint-Martin & SpaVillefranche Cruise Port (Port de la Santé)Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)Cote d’Azur Observatory (Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur)TourrettesSt. Nicholas Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Nicolas)Chateau de CrematMassena Square (Place Masséna)Quai des États-Unis