- Mountain bike tour from Mombasa takes you to the Kenyan countryside
- Fun way to see a part of rural Kenya that many visitors miss
- Bottled water, soda, and bananas included to keep you refreshed
- Mountain bike, helmet, and gloves included—no need to rent
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Mombasa Go-Kart Directions: You find us along Mombasa-Malindi Road, 1.5 km after hotel Whitesands, just next to the Petrocity station. There is a big signboard with two flags on the mainroad. Dates: See Availability
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Along The Coast Scenery: Start and end in Mtwapa, an upcoming lively town. We ride leisurely through traditional African villages in palm-tree and mango forests. About a third of the tour follows the coast and at some places we can enjoy the view on the Indian Ocean. Distance: about 40 km, short cut possible Time needed: 4 to 5 hours Altitude: total ca. 50 m Difficulty: 1 Three Coastal Areas Scenery: Three typical climate zones along the Coast: beach - palm-tree forest - semiarid area. Along the hotel area to some few upper class plots at the creek, local village, traditional Giriama village in a typical palm-tree-forest along the creek - crossing an arm of the creek. Spectacular view over the Mombasa North Coast. Distance: 24 km, 2 km tarmac with no traffic short cut possible Time needed: 3 to 4 hours Altitude: total ca. 150 m Difficulty: 1..2, two short but steep uphill stretches Along The Creek Scenery: Start and end in Mtwapa, an upcoming lively town. We follow the Creek inland and ride leisurely through traditional Giriama settlements in palm-tree forests and farms, here called shamba. Spectacular views of Mtwapa Creek and almost untouched bush-land. Distance: 31 km, short cut possible Time needed: 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours Altitude: total ca. 150 m Difficulty: 2 The Bike Adventure Scenery: First we ride through palm- and mango tree forests with traditional African villages. Then we reach the semi arid area where we climb some hilltops and cross arms of the Mtwapa Creek. From a high hill we have an fantastic sight over the North Coast Area and different Creeks around Mombasa. Distance: 24 km Time needed: 3 to 4 hours Altitude: ca. 350 m Difficulty: 3..4, about 8 km single trail, short but steep up/down hill stretches
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bike The Coast
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.