10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Take a deep dive into South Africa's history on this multi-stop tour that includes Soweto, Johannesburg, and Pretoria. With a guide in the lead and round-trip transportation provided, this ambitious tour examining the history of apartheid in South Africa is made stress-free. Learn about the Great Trek through a visit to the Voortrekker Museum, see the Union Buildings, the Apartheid Museum in Soweto, and the Mandela Bridge. Along the way, your guide will provide sensitive, in-depth commentary about the country's history and culture.
- Lunch, bottled water, and snacks to keep travelers satiated
- All activities included; no hidden costs
- Guide provides in-depth commentary on the subject of apartheid history
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for door-to-door service
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop off
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in Johannesburg.
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Africa Moja Tours & Transfers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pretoria, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pretoria, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pretoria, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pretoria, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour from Johannesburg?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Pretoria, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour from Johannesburg
10 hours 15 minutes
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursBeer & Brewery ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingJohannesburgBus Tours - GautengHistorical Tours - GautengBeer & Brewery Tours - GautengFull-day Tours - GautengBus Tours - PretoriaHistorical Tours - PretoriaBeer & Brewery Tours - PretoriaFull-day Tours - PretoriaBus Tours - Port ElizabethHistorical Tours - Port ElizabethBeer & Brewery Tours - Port ElizabethFull-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
NewtownJohannesburg ZooWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenGold Reef City Carlton CentreLiliesleafSAB World of BeerMandela HouseMontecasino Bird GardensRhino and Lion Nature ReserveMuseum AfricaJames Hall Museum of TransportWorkers' MuseumOld Fort Prison ComplexHillbrow TowerJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamOrigins CentreNelson Mandela BridgeHartbeespoort Dam Pilanesberg National Park