4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get to know the ins and outs of daily life in an elephant sanctuary on this half-day tour. Pickup and drop-off in Johannesburg or Pretoria means no need to rent a car, and you can relax on the ride up to the Magaliesburg mountains. Once there, embark on a 2-hour tour that includes in-depth facts and figures about African elephants and the sanctuary's efforts regarding rescue and rehabilitation.
- Entrance fees to the elephant sanctuary included
- Pickup and drop-off in Johannesburg or Pretoria
- Comfortable transportation via air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip transportation means no need to rent a car
Saved to wishlist!
2-hour elephant sanctuary tour
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Johannesburg and surrounding areas, Sandton or Pretoria
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
All hotels and accommodation. We pick up anywhere from your hotel or guest house in Sandton, Rosebank, Johannesburg and Pretoria. Please specify your hotel address. Please note: the exact location will need to be confirmed with the supplier, refer to voucher for information. We also pick up from all air b&b and private locations.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Deeprift Ventours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Elephant Sanctuary Tour: Hartbeespoort?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Elephant Sanctuary Tour: Hartbeespoort?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Elephant Sanctuary Tour: Hartbeespoort?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Elephant Sanctuary Tour: Hartbeespoort?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Elephant Sanctuary Tour: Hartbeespoort
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingJohannesburgBus Tours - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengHalf-day Tours - GautengBus Tours - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaHalf-day Tours - PretoriaBus Tours - Port ElizabethNature and Wildlife - Port ElizabethHalf-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Carlton CentreLiliesleafMontecasino Bird GardensHartbeespoort Dam Walter Sisulu National Botanical GardenSatyagraha HouseNelson Mandela BridgeMuseum AfricaHillbrow TowerJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamPilanesberg National ParkAha Lesedi Cultural VillageJames Hall Museum of TransportOld Fort Prison ComplexGold Reef City Rhino and Lion Nature ReserveOrigins CentreNewtownWorkers' MuseumSAB World of Beer