6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
This tour to the Elephant Sanctuary Hartbeespoort Dam gives you access to these mammals, accompanied by in-depth commentary on their biology, behavior, and conservation status. Additionally, the round-trip transportation from Johannesburg or Pretoria means there's no need to rent a car or fuss with directions and navigation. You'll travel with a small group of just eight people, which ensures personalized attention from your guide and plenty of time to ask questions.
- Entrance fees to the Elephant Sanctuary included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Johannesburg or Pretoria makes for door-to-door service
- Guide provides engaging commentary on the elephants and their environment
- Round-trip transportation means no need to rent a car
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks (unless otherwise stated)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up travellers from their hotel or residence in Johannesburg or Pretoria. Travellers to provide the address of pick up.
- O.R. Tambo International Airport, 1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africa
- Lanseria Airport, Lanseria South Africa
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mmilo Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You may get a little dirty during the course of the day since you are touching the elephants but there is always a tap or hose nearby for hand washing." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Elephant Sanctuary Tour from Johannesburg or Pretoria
2 hours 15 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeExtremeZoo Tickets & PassesAttractions & MuseumsHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsKid FriendlySightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingJohannesburg4WD Tours - GautengSporting Events - GautengBus Tours - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengExtreme - GautengZoo Tickets & Passes - GautengAttractions & Museums - GautengHalf-day Tours - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaBus Tours - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaExtreme - PretoriaZoo Tickets & Passes - PretoriaAttractions & Museums - PretoriaHalf-day Tours - Pretoria4WD Tours - Port ElizabethSporting Events - Port ElizabethBus Tours - Port ElizabethNature and Wildlife - Port ElizabethExtreme - Port ElizabethZoo Tickets & Passes - Port ElizabethAttractions & Museums - Port ElizabethHalf-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Nelson Mandela BridgePilanesberg National ParkWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenRhino and Lion Nature ReserveSAB World of BeerCarlton CentreMandela HouseNewtownJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamHartbeespoort Dam Montecasino Bird GardensHillbrow TowerSatyagraha HouseLiliesleafAha Lesedi Cultural VillageOld Fort Prison ComplexGold Reef City James Hall Museum of TransportMuseum AfricaOrigins Centre