11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Spend the day exploring Pilanesberg National Park on this full-day tour from Johannesburg. With round-trip transportation included as well as a half-day game drive in an open-top safari vehicle, there's no need to rent your own car. Just sit back and enjoy the scenery on the journey and keep focused on the landscape for glimpses of native animals while in the park. This whirlwind day tour is perfect for those short on time who want a full safari experience.
- Convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Johannesburg
- Half-day game drive with a small group and a game ranger offers the best chance of wildlife spotting
- Light lunch included midday
- Guide provides insightful commentary on area ecosystem and wildlife
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
5 hour game drive in an open safari vehicle driven by an experienced game ranger
Transport by air-conditioned minivan to and from Pilanesberg
Vat at 15% and tourism levies
Travel & Medical Insurance
Telephone calls, items of a personal nature, curio purchases, any side excursions & anything not noted
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will meet you at your hotel or guest house in Johannesburg and will return you back to your hotel or guest house.
A surcharge will be added if you stay in the Eastern Suburbs of Johannesburg near the airport or Pretoria
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children of 5 to 11 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women past 7 months
- Minimum age allowed is 5 years old.
- Casual cool clothes in the summer and a warm jacket for the winter months
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Go Safari
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you only have a day and want to include a safari on your trip, this is the place to be." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
One day Safari to Pilanesberg including a 6 Hour Open Safari Vehicle Drive
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingJohannesburgPretoria4WD Tours - GautengSporting Events - GautengBus Tours - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengSafaris - GautengExtreme - GautengFull-day Tours - Gauteng4WD Tours - PretoriaSporting Events - PretoriaBus Tours - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaSafaris - PretoriaExtreme - PretoriaFull-day Tours - Pretoria4WD Tours - Port ElizabethSporting Events - Port ElizabethBus Tours - Port ElizabethNature and Wildlife - Port ElizabethSafaris - Port ElizabethExtreme - Port ElizabethFull-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Pilanesberg National ParkAha Lesedi Cultural VillageMontecasino Bird GardensSatyagraha HouseOld Fort Prison ComplexWorkers' MuseumJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamLiliesleafHartbeespoort Dam Rhino and Lion Nature ReserveHillbrow TowerWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenNelson Mandela BridgeOrigins CentreMandela HouseMuseum AfricaJames Hall Museum of TransportNewtownSAB World of BeerGold Reef City