- Stroll through central Florence and discover the city’s hidden secrets
- See the Baptistery, the Bargello (Bargello Palace), the Duomo cathedral and Palazzo Medici Riccardi
- Hear shocking tales about scandalous lives of the Renaissance from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour limited to 18 ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
At the ArtViva office in central Florence, near Piazza della Repubblica Address: Via dei Sassetti, 1, Florence, 50123 (2nd floor)
What To Expect
Learn how certain street addresses in Florence once distinguished lower-class from upper-class courtesans. Hear about how some of the city's most revered citizens were involved in some of the most sordid events of the Renaissance era. Find out what's behind the seemingly odd names of various streets in the historic center.
Along the way, you'll visit the Piazza del Duomo with its famous bapitstery and bell tower, the Piazza della Repubblica, a palace that was home to the ruling Medici family, and the Bargello. Today, the Bargello is an art museum, but its dark history is that it was once a jail.
You'll find out what strange concoctions Renaissance citizens believed had healing properties and see a well where they once dumped the deceased — a place locals still prefer to avoid!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Artviva The Original & Best Walking Tour
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Florence Walking Tour: Renaissance Secrets and Scandals.