- Tour of Florence Duomo and the terraces
- Skip the main entrance lines with a fast-track ticket
- See frescoes by Vasari with a guide as you explore the cathedral
- Head to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome, if you wish
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet your tour guide at FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE, Piazza Mentana 2red FIRENZE (opposite the Arno River).
What To Expect
Also known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the Duomo is one of the world’s largest churches. Hear fun facts about its history as you admire Paolo Uccello’s clock and frescoes by Giorgio Vasari.
Next, you’ll head up the staircase, making your way through corridors that have been off-limits to the public for centuries. When you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded with views over the city from the terraces—more than 100 feet (32 meters) above ground level. Hear how Brunelleschi created the dome without the use of scaffolding, a feat that defied the traditional rules of architecture.
If you want to climb even higher, then head up to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome. Your skip-the-line ticket gives you access to the vantage point at the highest level of the church.
Your tour finishes inside the church, but you can stay inside for longer if you like. Your ticket also grants access to the Great Museum of the Cathedral, Florence Baptistery, the Great Museum of the Duomo, and Giotto’s Bell Tower. Attractions must be visited within 48 hours of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Included in the price of this tour, clients will have the opportunity to visit by themselves other locations of the Great Museum of Duomo Opera complex in the next 48 hours, like the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell Tower, Opera del Duomo Museum.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- Please note the number of steps to reach the top of each monument: Terraces: 153 and Terraces + Brunelleschi's Dome: 153 + 310
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT We inform all our guests that from August 06th 2021 every European Community citizens must show the Green Pass, as well as a document of recognition at the entrance of the main Italian monuments and museums as well as every indoor bar and restaurant For guests arriving from outside Europe it will be required: a document of recognition a proof of Covid vaccination, or the negative result of the Covid test 48 hrs prior the museum entrance. Those who do not possess the above mentioned documents will NOT be able to enter. No exceptions or refund will be made.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Skip the line: Duomo Skywalk - Florence Heaven.