- Day trip to the hilltop towns of Assisi and Cortona from Florence
- Learn about St. Francis of Assisi and St. Clare, who both lived in Assisi
- Visit the Basilica of San Francesco and Convent of Santa Chiara on a guided walking tour of Assisi
- Stop for a look inside the 9th-century church at Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Enjoy an afternoon of free time in the Tuscan town of Cortona, setting of 'Under the Tuscan Sun'
- Sightsee around Cortona independently and look out for sights such as Palazzo Communale
Departure & Return
TOURS & NEWS KIOSK AT PIAZZALE MONTELUNGO BUS TERMINAL Located at 5-10 minutes walking distance from Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Look for our staff wearing a FUCHSIA CIAOFLORENCE JACKET and holding a CIAOFLORENCE CLIPBOARD!
What To Expect
Follow your guide by foot to the Basilica of San Francesco, which hosts Giotto’s famous frescoes depicting St. Francis’ life. Continue on to the Convent of Santa Chiara, dedicated to St. Clare, one of Francis’ first followers in Assisi.
Hop aboard your coach and drive to the outskirts of town to see Santa Maria degli Angeli, a 9th-century church where it’s said St. Francis came to worship. Explore the interior with your guide before making your way back to your coach.
Head next to Cortona, the charming setting for the popular film and memoir, 'Under the Tuscan Sun.' Take some time to purchase lunch or explore the Palazzo Comunale and Santa Margherita Sanctuary, built in honor of Cortona’s patron saint.
After reuniting with your guide, travel back to central Florence to conclude your tour.
Please note: the order of the visits to Assisi and Cortona are subject to change on the day of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- English and Spanish are always guaranteed. In order to confirm the excursion in Italian, German, Portuguese or French a minimum of 4 pax is required
- Most travelers can participate
- Covid-19 Mesures: A safe distance of one meter between clients will be maintained whenever possible. All our vehicles will be deep-cleaned and disinfected before and after each service. The use of masks is mandatory; clients must bring their own mask. Alcohol gel will be available on all our vehicles. Temperature will be checked for staff and visitors. Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use. Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough; it is not necessary to print it out.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ciaoflorence Tours & Travels Srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff