- Discover all three branches of the Chicago River with your guide, an expert in architecture
- Enjoy the best vantage point to admire the distinct city skyline and architecture
- See more than 40 buildings including the Wrigley Building and Willis Tower
- Discover the major events that helped shape the architectural history of Chicago
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
FROM MICHIGAN AVE: Departs from 401 N Michigan Ave at the Shoreline Sightseeing docks. NE corner of Historic Michigan Ave. (Dusable) Bridge. Located alongside Chicago's Honored Pioneer Court.
FROM NAVY PIER: Departs from 124 N Streeter Drive from the Shoreline Sightseeing docks at Polk Bros Park.
What To Expect
Along the scenic route, see buildings by world-famous architects including Mies van der Rohe, Helmut Jahn, and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. A boat on the river is the best vantage point to admire the distinct city skyline.
Pass by more than 40 distinctive buildings, including the John Hancock Center, the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower), the Wrigley Building, and the Lyric Opera House. Listen as your guide recounts the two major events that helped shape the architectural history of the city. Learn about how the invention of balloon-frame construction revolutionized how homes were built, and hear the dramatic story of Chicago's rise from the Great Fire of 1871. Both of these milestones led Chicago to become one of the cradles of modern American architecture.
Your cruise ends at its starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All boats have full restrooms and some have a full bar
- Some boats are single deck vessels, the type of vessel you are placed on cannot be guaranteed
- Wheelchairs or other walking assistance equipment are not provided.
- Tour times cannot be changed.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Departure locations cannot be changed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 250 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shoreline Sightseeing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews