Top San Francisco Sunset Cruises
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Although there’s no shortage of stunning scenery in San Francisco, one perspective you don’t want to miss is the view from the water at dusk. Here are some options for getting out onto the San Francisco Bay at sunset to experience the city’s sparkling skyline—and more.
Two of San Francisco’s most iconic sights, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, are best seen up close by boat. Sightseeing cruises take in these landmarks and more: Choose from flexible trips on larger vessels that grant an overview of the bay, or a more intimate experience aboard a luxury catamaran or sailboat. If you prefer your sightseeing done on land or by day, you can also opt to simply enjoy the bay at twilight on a relaxing sunset cruise.
San Francisco is world-renowned for its culinary scene, so it seems only natural to combine time on the water with a delicious meal. Twilight tours offer a 2-hour trip across the bay with light appetizers, while dinner and dance cruises up the romance and include a 4-course meal made on board. Many tours include the option to add wine or champagne.
A popular combination tour includes a sunset cruise on the bay alongside a guided visit to Alcatraz, for which it can be very difficult to obtain tickets. If you prefer to see the city from both the water and the air, combine a sunset cruise with a helicopter tour for breathtaking aerial views.
10 results | All San Francisco Tours
Sort by: Featured
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
Sail across San Francisco Bay at twilight to admire the city skyline as it begins to light up for the night. With an experienced captain at the helm, you’ll glide past Alcatraz Island and cruise underneath the Golden Gate Bridge.
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Spend an evening on the San Francisco Bay during this dinner cruise, including a 3-course gourmet meal of fresh, local ingredients prepared on board. After dinner, dance to the DJ's music or enjoy the nighttime views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the city skyline from the exterior deck.
Admire San Francisco and its surrounding sights from the water on a San Francisco Bay sailing cruise. Onboard a catamaran, sail past the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, legendary Alcatraz Island, and the hamlet of Sausalito. Take advantage of great photo ops while you soak up the sea breeze during this scenic tour.
Come aboard the Privateer for a beautiful sailing journey along the San Francisco Bay where you can enjoy sightseeing at the most beautiful time of day—sunset. Coast along as you spot out Alcatraz, the Sausalito shoreline, and the Golden Gate bridge, all with a drink of choice in your hand.
On this San Francisco bridge cruise, get an up-close look at the city’s two engineering marvels—the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge—as you travel across San Francisco Bay. See major city sights like Alcatraz, Coit Tower, and the Ferry Building, and listen to recorded commentary about the city's legendary architecture while you glide under both bridges.
Enjoy a relaxing outing on San Francisco Bay with a cruise. Take in panoramic views of the city skyline, marvel at Alcatraz Island, and journey beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. Choose to sit indoors or savor cool bay breezes from an outdoor deck and experience San Francisco in a whole new way from the water. You can even learn about the sights that you're seeing from a free audio tour—available on any personal wifi-enabled device. This ticket allows you to skip the box office line and go straight to the gate.
Gain admission to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco, located at Pier 39 between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Alcatraz ferry landing. A general admission ticket provides direct access to all of the aquarium’s main exhibit areas, which house more than 20,000 sea creatures. Learn what is typically found in San Francisco Bay and the nearby Pacific, including sharks, river otters, and even octopuses. The aquarium features interactive exhibits, as well as walk-through glass tunnels where schools of anchovies and fluorescent jellyfish swim overhead and around you.
Fly over San Francisco in a helicopter for stunning aerial views, then board a boat on San Francisco Bay for a sunset dinner cruise. This combo tour allows you to see the best of the city from the air and the water, including multiple views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge and Alcatraz. Pickup from select hotels is included.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best Sunset Cruises in San Francisco?
The best Sunset Cruises in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Sunset Cruises in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Sunset Cruises in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Catamaran Cruises
- Day Cruises
- Dinner Cruises
- Night Cruises
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Sunset Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Unique Experiences
- Presidio Tours & Tickets
- Cartoon Art Museum Tours & Tickets
- Pacific Heights Tours & Tickets
- Angel Island State Park Tours & Tickets
- Ferry Plaza Farmers Market Tours & Tickets
- Haas-Lilienthal House Tours & Tickets
- Crissy Field Tours & Tickets
- Oracle Park Tours & Tickets
- Haight-Ashbury Tours & Tickets
- Lands End Tours & Tickets
- Civic Center Tours & Tickets
- Palace of Fine Arts Tours & Tickets
- Pier 39 Tours & Tickets
- Grace Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Cow Hollow Tours & Tickets
- Ferry Building Tours & Tickets
- Tomales Bay Oyster Company Tours & Tickets
- Fort Point National Historic Site Tours & Tickets
- Ocean Beach San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- Aquarium of the Bay Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito