Massena Square (Place Masséna) Tours and Tickets
If you're spending an even remotely significant amount of time in Nice, then you'll soon become familiar with Massena Square (Place Massena). It's the massive, open square at the bottom of L'avenue Jean-Médecin; just a little bit past it is Vieux Nice and the Mediterranean. Walk under the porticos in foul weather, or enjoy the sun on its wide walkways. It ends in a gorgeous fountain framed by faded cherry-red buildings, a favorite with photographers of any ability.
In the daytime, Masséna Square is a busy pedestrian/tram intersection, and it can seem like barely controlled chaos as people scurry, stroll or simply hang out along its dizzyingly tiled surface. At night it's a bit less busy, but many are more distracted as the large human-like sculptures high atop poles change color like lava lamps!
Massena Square is also the site for many of Nice's most popular events throughout the year, from Mardi Gras to Fete de la Musique concerts to summer outdoor markets, exhibitions and performances of all kinds. And at Christmas, it's transformed into a village with artisanal gifts, games for kids, delicious food stalls and even a Ferris wheel.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Massena Square (Place Masséna)
- Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)
- Quai des États-Unis
- Cours Saleya Flower Market (Marché aux Fleurs Cours Saleya)
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château)
- Place Garibaldi
- Massena Art & History Museum (Musée Masséna)
- Quai Lunel
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)
- Hotel Negresco
- St. Nicholas Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Nicolas)
- Nice Old Town (Vieux Nice)
- Matisse Museum (Musée Matisse)
- Mt. Boron (Mont Boron)
- Cimiez Monastery (Monastere de Cimiez)
- Promenade des Anglais