Top Gauteng Outdoor Activities
395 results | All Gauteng Tours
* A traveler said: "A wonderful time was had by my wife and I during the safari. It was worth the time and money. We saw 4 of 5 of the Big Five, including a leopard. The highlight of the tour was our vehicle being chased by an elephant. Yes it really did happen!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Solly is a really great Tour Guide. He knows nearly everything about the city. And he is always good for a little talk. Highly appreciated his cool character. Good Tour to explore the city. Highly recommended"
* A traveler said: "Had a wonderful time! Our guide was great and we saw lots of animals including the big 5! I would definitely recommend this tour to a friend!"
* A traveler said: "It was a birthday present for may daughter combined with my bucket list item flying Hang-gliders and small aircraft the balloon ride was a long outstanding thing. The Bill Harris site is well organised and recommendable for a fun morning outdoor adventure. It is not cheap but worth every penny. A day to remember for the rest of my live."
* A traveler said: "Overall I give this safari package a 5 star rating. I was beyond what I could have ever imagined. Viva Safaris goes out of their way to give you the ultimate safari experience through sunrise, sunset and all day drives through the game parks. The personnel at the loge were exceptional, the food was great. The only negative item was that I was given the impression that on the day of arrival there would be time to relax, maybe take a dip in the pool before heading out on the sunset drive. The drive from Johannesburg took 8 hours including stops so we didn't arrive until 5:00 pm and the sunset drive was departing at 5:30 so there was barely enough time to put your bags in the room before activities begin. I would definitely do this safari again, although next time I would book either the 4 or 5 day instead of the 3 day."
* A traveler said: "Solly brought us safely through with such care and he was a book of knowledge /never did I realize the depth of those caves and all the treasures there"
* A traveler said: "It was one of the most spectacular experiences of my life, and it was thanks to the attention and service of our guides Lareto and Bruce, who made our trip perfect. We saw many animals and we were able to find the big 5, the accommodation in the camps and the food was amazing, Lareto and Bruce have very good knowledge of the area and where to see the best games, we are super grateful for everything and we recommend this tour 100% already that in three days we did and saw everything. Thanks again to Lareto and Bruce for everything and I hope you can share this experience with many people."
* A traveler said: "Put this on your bucket list! Even though every tour will be different and you may not see the same wildlife I did (ex: we didn't see any cats), it is awesome. Our guide / ranger was so knowledgable, answered our countless questions, and made it very interesting. If you only have a day and want to include a safari on your trip, this is the place to be."
* A traveler said: "Words cannot describe how great of a tour this was. My wife and I went in August during our honeymoon off-season tour in Zouth Afrika so our tour guide Mark was able to give us a personal tour. He was funny and quite knowledgeable. We saw all the big game. We could not ask for a better trip. Well worth it for this lifetime of memories."
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent time on this tour with Jason. We were lucky that there were only the two of us booked that day, so we got our own private tour. The best part was the visit to the lion park, in fact the highlight of our trip was getting to spend time with the cutest lion cubs. This was a great tour and I would highly recommend it. Thanks Jason!"
* A traveler said: "Despite making the booking at 11:30pm, Jason was there at 6am next morning to pick us up at the hotel. Spotted a lot of animals including lion, leopard, elephant, hippo, zebra, giraffes, wildebeest, antelopes and rhinos. Jason was very friendly and was a great guide throughout the day."
* A traveler said: "Collected from hotel, personal transport by knowledgable driver of the area. Walk with the elephants was fantastic. The elephants are well cared for in their natural environment, safety of visitors paramount. Would recommend to anyone!"
* A traveler said: "Biking was our first time and it was great. Guide was full of information and facts. The equipment was good and comfortable ride up and down hill . Awesome job"
* A traveler said: "Loved the professionalism, the warm conversations and hospitality from reception to breakfast after the ride❤️❤️❤️The certificates were a special unexpected touch.Will definitely do it again and bring friends this time!"
* A traveler said: "We had an amazing day guided by Norman. We saw 4 of the Big 5 - no leopard on this occasion but we saw many other animals. Birds in abundance, animals in their native setting. Nothing was too much trouble for Norman making sure we had an amazing experience. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, picked up on time, supplied lunch was fantastic, excellent guide, knowledge of animals & the park. Amazing animals. Lucky enough to see Cheetah’s hunting."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Fun & Games
- In the Air
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
- Kruger Museum
- Origins Centre
- Nelson Mandela Bridge
- Harties Aerial Cableway
- James Hall Museum of Transport
- Gold Reef City
- Mandela House
- Aha Lesedi Cultural Village
- Workers' Museum
- Hartbeespoort Dam
- Johannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia Dam
- SAB World of Beer
- Carlton Centre
- Satyagraha House
- Montecasino Bird Gardens
- Hillbrow Tower
- Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden
- Things to do in Johannesburg
- Things to do in Pretoria
- Things to do in Western Cape
- Things to do in Zanzibar
- Things to do in Kilimanjaro
- Things to do in Port Elizabeth
- Things to do in Victoria Falls
- Things to do in Livingstone
- Things to do in Harare
- Things to do in Kasane
- Things to do in Mahé
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Kerala
- Things to do in Southern Province